Stanton Law Firm PLLC provides contract general counsel services to entrepreneurs and businesses that do not wish to hire a full time, internal general counsel.
While the general counsel’s role can vary, it will always encompass two important functions:
- Providing legal counsel and services to the business; and
- Advising on what legal counsel and services are needed.
Assessing the business and determining the legal priorities of the business is a critical step in making effective use of your legal resources. Unfortunately, many businesses find themselves bypassing the second function above and engaging external lawyers in a reactive, unplanned manner. This creates an unhealthy cycle in which:
- Time and money are consumed by less significant legal needs,
- More important legal needs are left unaddressed,
- Legal bills get out of control,
- Quality control on legal services is lacking, and
- The legal work being done may have little or nothing to do with driving the business.
Christopher Stanton has both law firm and in-house general counsel experience. He will apply this experience for the benefit of your business to ensure that your legal needs are prioritized, budgeted, planned and completed.
Contact us for a free consultation to see how Stanton Law Firm PLLC can assist your business.